From the initial impression made during the reservation booking all the way through checking out of the hotel, your guest experience is continuously being evaluated, and the slightest miscue can impact your guests’ decision to return to or recommend your hotel over your competitors.
With the increasing volume of lodging options out there, each hotel’s share of the market declines commensurably, and the best way to stay relevant is to provide a memorable guest experience that encourages loyalty.
One of the most useful tools used to measure the guest experience is collecting customer feedback, and it comes in many forms and degrees of usefulness.
Surveys are helpful for collecting large quantities of data points but lack the detailed information that mystery shops provide
Online reviews are biased toward a particularly negative or positive experience whereas mystery shops are unbiased
Internal audits lack the customer’s viewpoint, but mystery shops capture the operation in its natural state
How Our Strategic Feedback Programs Drive Value
Drive Operational Performance / Measure Customer Experience and Operational Changes
- Our clients use mystery shops to stay on top of their customers’ expectations, especially with competition from companies like Airbnb who disrupt the market.
- Our clients use mystery shops to check key indicators of the guest experience and measure overall guest satisfaction.
- Our clients use the mystery shops to rate specific areas of security and safety for their guests.
- Mystery shops is a second set of eyes for our clients. The reports provide an overall score, highlight areas of success, and identify the highest-need areas at the hotel.
Achieve Awards and Recognition / Employee Incentives
- Mystery shops and analytics drive excellent performance on customer satisfaction, which has helped our clients to achieve guest satisfaction awards.
- Our clients share mystery shop reports with their hotels. General Managers use the reports to incentivize line-level operation employees and make operational changes as needed.
- Our clients use mystery shops to rate their General Managers’ performance for an annual company award competition.
Complementary Feedback Tool
- Our clients use mystery shops to verify the feedback they receive from guest surveys.
- Our clients use mystery shops as a complement to guest surveys, and the combination of mystery shops and surveys provides sufficient data to identify key operational issues.
Don’t Just Take Our Word For It
Let us tell the story of your guest experience first-hand
We Know Restaurants
Mystery Shops for Fine Dining, Premium and Casual Dining, Fast Casual and Bars and Nightclubs
Reports and Analytics
We boast over 50 different reports to help our clients drill down to the data they need to help their business thrive.
Dine Out. Write. Get Paid.
Enjoy a meal by providing detailed feedback at one of the many partner restaurants we work with
What Our Clients Are Saying
“A Closer Look’s services helped us formulate a qualitative scorecard specific to our hospitality operations and has helped us tremendously in monitoring and improving the experience for our guests. The team at A Closer Look is extremely responsive and helpful whenever needed.”
Sr. Manager, Training & Hospitality Operations
“A Closer Look has consistently and thoroughly followed through with everything we have asked of them since the inception of our program. It’s one thing for a company to make promises on what they can do, but it’s quite another for them to actually follow through with such success!”
Chief Operating Officer
“A Closer Look is a great partner! The resulting data is easy to digest and make actionable. Most importantly, however, they’ve always been helpful and responsive with us when we have issues or urgent requests.”
Founder and Chief Experience Officer
The Little Beet
“The attentive service and lightning fast timeliness when anything requires attention are what sets A Closer Look apart from any other service provider we have worked with. Additionally, the reporting provided is best in class!”
Vice President of Operations
“The old adage ‘Inspect What You Expect’ is so true. Thank you… A Closer Look, you help keep us on our toes and our guests, owners and associates benefit. You are the best!”
—Lizz A. Chambers
Vice President of Sales and Orgizational Development
“Our company has worked with A Closer Look for the past 5 years. The level of partnership is foundational to our growth and we look forward to expanding our business with A Closer Look as our long term partner.”
Director of Ops Excellence
Main Event, Inc.
“After over 20 years of being associated with A Closer Look, I wanted to take a few minutes to express my appreciation for the outstanding service you have continued to deliver to our properties and Area VP’s throughout these years. The flexibility your company offers in reports, trending and analysis is unmatched by other like sources.”
Senior Vice President
Hilton Management Services Focused Service Division
“Utilizing A Closer Look has brought our service to the next level! We constantly engage in discussions & enhancements with the team to ensure we stay at the top of our game. Floor & Decor would recommend them to any business looking to gauge service levels and get some real insights into their operations.”
Senior Manager Customer & Associate Experience
Floor & Decor
“The Regency Senior Living communities have partnered with A Closer Look for over a decade, and we continue to be extremely satisfied with the professionalism of the team and the ability to modify the program to our priorities. The reporting metrics are exceptional and help pinpoint areas of growth opportunities. I would not hesitate to recommend this company to my colleagues in our industry.”
Chief Operating Officer
Regency Senior Living