Date Last Modified: May 2022
A Closer Look, LLC (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. The Company’s primary function is to gather data for our licensees and their customers (the “Client”). The Company’s Clients are interested in the experiences mystery shoppers have while shopping at designated retail outlets. Accordingly, a certain amount of demographic data is required of the users of this website and our services generally.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Services,
- In email, text, chat, and other electronic messages between you and the Company,
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Services, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Company, or
- When you interact with our advertising or applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Service is not intended for children under 18 years of age or the local age of legal majority. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Service. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Service or through any of its features, register on the Service, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including:
- Any adult (age 18 or above) wishing to participate as a Mystery Shopper will fill in completely the registration questionnaire that requests demographic information about you. Any response left blank may cause the Company to reject your registration and deny you participation as a Mystery Shopper. No person under the age of 18 may become a Mystery Shopper.
- In addition to the demographic questionnaire, you will provide us with your contact information such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline. You will be assigned a unique Mystery Shopper username. The demographic information you submit online at the time of registration or update later will be used to determine what mystery shopping events you may be allowed to participate in.
- Services such as our chat feedback program collect your mobile phone number, location data, your answers to questions about the Company’s Clients, and information (including information that can identify you) about your specific mobile device.
- You must register with contact information such as name, address, and email address to participate in survey programs we conduct on behalf of Clients. Questions presented in a survey may ask for information related to your experience with a Client, and the information contained in those answers may be capable of identifying you. In addition, survey programs will collect information, including information that can identify you, about your location, phone number, and other information about your specific mobile device.
- We may collect information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, and
- Automatically as you navigate through or use our Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, mobile phone number, device ID, location data, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Service may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Service. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Services, providing feedback about our Clients, subscribing to or interacting with our Services and the offerings available through them, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for Clients or research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Services.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Services, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, device ID, location data, operating system, and browser type.
- Information about referring web pages that led you to the Service.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Service and its contents to you.
- To satisfy our obligations to our Clients, including by giving them information you provide about your shopping experiences with them.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To improve and evaluate data reports we create for Clients.
- To send communications relevant to your participation as a Mystery Shopper and in our other services.
- To resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and enforce our Terms and Conditions.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Service or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Service.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about users of our Services, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We disclose information that identifies you only as set forth below. Please note that it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We will prohibit and undertake reasonable measures designed to prevent the retransfer of your demographic data or other information that can identify you to any third parties other than Clients. The information you submit will not be used by us for any direct marketing or solicitation of you as a customer, but we do not control what authorized third parties, including Clients if you have given us permission to share identifying information with them, do with it. You automatically opt-in to sharing identifying information with Clients upon completion of the surveys.
We may disclose information that identifies you:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To our Clients if you have given us permission to do so. Those Clients may then contact you.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose information that identifies you:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our Clients, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, or in connection with an investigation of fraud, security breach, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability.