From the initial impression made during the reservation booking all the way through checking out of the hotel, your guest experience is continuously being evaluated, and the slightest miscue can impact your guests’ decision to return to or recommend your hotel over your competitors.
With the increasing volume of lodging options out there, each hotel’s share of the market declines commensurably, and the best way to stay relevant is to provide a memorable guest experience that encourages loyalty.
One of the most useful tools used to measure the guest experience is collecting customer feedback, and it comes in many forms and degrees of usefulness.
Surveys are helpful for collecting large quantities of data points but lack the detailed information that mystery shops provide
Online reviews are biased toward a particularly negative or positive experience whereas mystery shops are unbiased
Internal audits lack the customer’s viewpoint, but mystery shops capture the operation in its natural state
How Our Strategic Feedback Programs Drive Value
Drive Operational Performance / Measure Customer Experience and Operational Changes
- Our clients use mystery shops to stay on top of their customers’ expectations, especially with competition from companies like Airbnb who disrupt the market.
- Our clients use mystery shops to check key indicators of the guest experience and measure overall guest satisfaction.
- Our clients use the mystery shops to rate specific areas of security and safety for their guests.
- Mystery shops is a second set of eyes for our clients. The reports provide an overall score, highlight areas of success, and identify the highest-need areas at the hotel.
Achieve Awards and Recognition / Employee Incentives
- Mystery shops and analytics drive excellent performance on customer satisfaction, which has helped our clients to achieve guest satisfaction awards.
- Our clients share mystery shop reports with their hotels. General Managers use the reports to incentivize line-level operation employees and make operational changes as needed.
- Our clients use mystery shops to rate their General Managers’ performance for an annual company award competition.
Complementary Feedback Tool
- Our clients use mystery shops to verify the feedback they receive from guest surveys.
- Our clients use mystery shops as a complement to guest surveys, and the combination of mystery shops and surveys provides sufficient data to identify key operational issues.
Don’t Just Take Our Word For It: Hear What Our Clients Are Saying
“A Closer Look has been very easy to work with! During the pandemic, we pivoted to different types of mystery shops for our team members, as well as had an increased need for competitive market analyses because of the ever-changing market landscapes. Very happy to recommend A Closer Look to anyone who would like thorough, detailed, and swift mystery shops and competitive market analyses.”
– VP of Sales and Marketing, MBK Senior Living
Let us tell the story of your guest experience first-hand.
Track Your Business Pulse
Engage with your customers in real-time and measure customer experience
Reports and Analytics
We boast over 50 different reports to help our clients drill down to the data they need to help their business thrive.
Dine Out. Write. Get Paid.
Enjoy a meal by providing detailed feedback at one of the many partner restaurants we work with
Build Loyalty the New Way
Learn how your customers feel before it’s on social media
What Our Clients Are Saying
"A Closer Look has been instrumental in guiding our training and marketing initiatives to drive positive guest experiences as we grow. We are blessed to have a great vendor partnership with the team at A Closer Look!"
Vice President of Field Operations
"A Closer Look has been an amazing partner in our mission to be the coolest frozen dessert brand. While we strive to provide the most flavorful experiences to each and every guest, A Closer Look provides integral insight as to what our guests see and feel during their time with us. Their shoppers are thorough with visits and thoughtful with feedback, shopper reports are quickly ready for review and the reporting systems that A Closer Look provides are robust but user friendly. We are thankful for this program so we can pride ourselves with the WOW's and work on any opportunities out there."
Director of Company Operations
Jeremiah's Italian Ice
"A Closer Look has consistently and thoroughly followed through with everything we have asked of them since the inception of our program. It's one thing for a company to make promises on what they can do, but it's quite another for them to actually follow through with such success!"
Chief Operating Officer