Mystery shopping helps businesses increase sales by assisting in improving customer service awareness. Mystery shoppers are given a specific set of guidelines and questions before their visit so they can observe and take note of each criteria while it is occurring. Mystery shops will tell you WHY the visit was excellent and specifically what staff did to make it that way. Don’t leave it up to chance and HOPE that employees are following their training and displaying consistent core behaviors.
Who Mystery Shops?
The most recognized brands use mystery shopping to measure staff adherence to brand standards. These companies focus on the small things, the everyday, consistent actions of their staff. They are able to drive change by rewarding staff who are doing a great job as well as identify those who need more training. Employees like to be recognized for doing a great job, which in turn leads to staff retention and lower employee turnover.
Why Mystery Shop?
Mystery shop evaluations provide detailed information from an unbiased customer perspective of their experience. Businesses receive these reports on a consistent basis so areas of opportunity can be identified, hopefully before a poor experience reaches other guests. Mystery shops are an objective assessment of what took place during the guests visit.
As data points are gathered through each mystery shop, clients can access results using A Closer Look’s proprietary reporting platform, allowing them to easily pinpoint areas of opportunity. Companies can segment the data in a myriad of ways so they’re not only focused on the top or bottom performing stores. There is value in finding out the customer experience in all the stores in between.
How Our Strategic Mystery Shopping Program Drives Value
Drive Operational Change
- Our clients use mystery shops to evaluate their training processes.
- Our clients use mystery shopping to set an operational benchmark and then increase that figure incrementally.
- Our clients use mystery shopping to stay on top of their operations and ensure that both current and prospective clients have an exceptional experience.
- Our clients build mystery shop programs to reflect their company culture.
Constructive Criticism and Coaching
- We work with our clients, upfront, to ensure the mystery shop program reflects their culture, goals and outlook.
- Our clients use mystery shopping in a constructive way, not punitively.
- Mystery shops are used to improve a company’s operations and employees, not belittle them.
- Our clients view mystery shop feedback as positive and encouraging, and it helps them to set goals and work to improve.
Competitive Market Information
- Our clients use mystery shopping to collect competitive pricing information.
- Our clients use mystery shopping to learn about their competitors’ quality and service differentiators.
Don’t Just Take Our Word For It
Let us tell the story of your guest experience first-hand
We Know Restaurants
Mystery Shops for Fine Dining, Premium and Casual Dining, Fast Casual and Bars and Nightclubs
Reports and Analytics
We boast over 50 different reports to help our clients drill down to the data they need to help their business thrive.
Dine Out. Write. Get Paid.
Enjoy a meal by providing detailed feedback at one of the many partner restaurants we work with
Build Loyalty the New Way
Learn how your customers feel before it’s on social media