We surveyed more than 100 establishments from a variety of industry sectors, including retail, senior living, restaurant, hotel, and others, and asked them to share how their health and hygiene practices would impact their customers’ decision to visit, shop and purchase in the future. We compiled the results from the survey to highlight the impact that health, hygiene, and sanitation will have on businesses as more city and state economies reopen.
At A Closer Look, we understand the impact that the COVID-19 pandemic has had on businesses around the world and the importance of health and hygiene as we reopen. Successful health and hygiene practices could mean the difference between successful customer loyalty and failure.
Survey participants include: 38% restaurants, 17% senior living establishments, 17% other businesses, 13% retail companies, and 13% hotels.
Based on our survey, 98% of participants said that proper health and hygiene practices were either critical or very important to their customers, with the remaining 2% saying that those practices were important. As of the date of the survey, 50% of businesses were relying on the individual locations to adhere to the health and hygiene practices put in place by the company, and 37% of companies said that their locations aren’t even open to the public so they haven’t needed defined practices yet. Only 4% of businesses said that they’re randomly inspecting or measuring adherence to the process, which is very low considering that 98% of businesses believe that those practices have a critical or very important impact on customers’ buying decisions.In a post-pandemic world as economies reopen, it’s more important than ever to not only have a defined health and hygiene strategy but also to measure the success or failure of the strategy to learn where to improve, before it ends up on social media or in a review on Google, Yelp or another platform.